Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hacker for life

After reading the excellent book "Hacker Ethics" by Pekka Himanen, I feel like one of the ways to describe what I really want to do is to "be a Hacker in more areas than just computers/open source". The hacker in there refers directly to the Himanen's description of it, something like: "working passionately on something that one is interested about, and having fun while doing it. Sharing the results with the rest of the world".

Even with the definition of the word hacker, my description is still vague. But it's nonetheless, the starting point I'm going with. And to start with a tradional way, I'm hacking with OpenOffice for Mac OS X :) It is, after all, the area where I began with my university studies.

What this means in other parts of my work life? Well, you'll have to wait and see.

No comments: